The Winterset RAGBRAI committee is excited to announce the full line-up of entertainment for Monday, July 22, as the event comes rolling into town. All of the entertainment will be hosted in the beautiful, historic downtown square, and will be as follows:
• 2 to 7 p.m.: Enjoy your favorite yard games on the lawn of the Madison County Courthouse, including cornhole, trash pong, big wheel races and disc golf putting.
• 3 to 4:30 p.m.: David Watson will be kicking off the music with tunes from Johnny Cash, Luke Bryan, and Tom Petty
• 5 to 6 p.m.: Left is West will join the party with classic guitar rock and a keen sense of song.
• 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.: IV Play will rock the stage with covers of all your favorite hits and more.
• 9 to 10:30 p.m.: The headliner, Here Come the Mummies, will get everyone on their feet. The Mummies are an eight-piece funk-rock band of 5000 year-old Egyptian Mummies with a one-track mind. Their “Terrifying Funk from Beyond the Grave” is sure to get you into them and possibly vice versa.
Besides this great line-up, there is so much to see and do around town. Check out the local shops, as well as the vendors on the square for the event. Stop by the beverage garden or the local craft brew tent and enjoy time with friends.
If you want to explore town, check out some of these local stops – the historic covered bridges, Monumental Park, George Washington Carver Park, City Park, John Wayne Birthplace Museum, the Freedom Rock, Madison County Historical Complex, The Iowa Quilt Museum, George Stout Storybook Sculpture, Clark Tower, The Iowa Theater, Winterset Art Center and more.