The only thing left standing is the chimney as a St. Charles family lost everything during an early morning fire on Saturday. The home belonged to Lt. Gerrit Foreman of the Clive Fire Department, and although the family was able to get out safely, belongings now lie among the ashes.

“He’s the first person that will drop anything and come help you,” said Brian Helland, assistant chief of the Clive Fire Department. “He’s done that for years. It’s just in his personality and it’s who he is.”

A GoFundMe page has been created to help Lt. Foreman and his family.

To donate please go to GoFundMe: www.gofundme.com/f/foreman-house-fire-recovery-fund.