Iowa State University Extension and Outreach is conducting eight in-person farmland leasing meetings across seven different sites in central Iowa this August. Winterset’s meeting will be Aug. 20.
With the lower 2020 crop prices and uncertainty of 2021 crop revenue outlook, emphasis will be placed on improving communications between landowners and tenant operators. Each meeting will last approximately two hours and be facilitated by Steve Johnson, farm and agriculture business management specialist with ISU Extension and Outreach.
Pre-registration is required at least two days before the meeting. A $20 per individual or $30 per couple fee will be collected. Participants will receive a 100-page Farmland Leasing Arrangements booklet and meeting handouts designed to assist landowners, tenants, and other agri-business professionals with issues related to farmland ownership, management, and leasing arrangements.
No walk-ins or late registrations allowed. Face coverings are advised, and social distancing will be adhered to. To pre-register, call or e-mail the local ISU Extension office host site. Procedures for paying your registration fee can be discussed.
For a list of meetings statewide and related farmland leasing educational resources, visit
Meeting locations across central Iowa
• Winterset – Aug. 20, 9 a.m. at Madison County Fairgrounds, Jackson Bldg., 1204 W. Summit St.
• Boone – Aug. 3, 9 a.m. at Boone County Fairgrounds, Community Building, 1601 Industrial Park Rd.
• Grinnell – Aug. 4, 7 p.m. at Key Co-op, 1128 Pinder Ave.
• Nevada – Aug. 7, 9 a.m. at Christy 4-H Hall, 220 H. Ave.
• Altoona – Aug. 12, 7 p.m. and Aug. 19, 9 a.m. at Polk County Extension Office, 1625 Adventureland Dr.
• Knoxville – Aug. 2, 9 a.m. at Marion County Extension Office, 210 N. Iowa St.
• Marshalltown – Aug. 24, 7 p.m. at Central Iowa Fairgrounds, Activity Building, 1308 E. Olive St.